It’s a new year, and it’s time for the first #CodePenChallenge of 2019!
Way back in 2018, we breezed through the end of the Four Elements challenge with Air. You can flip through the Pens from the challenge in our #CodePenChallenge: Air 💨 collection.
January Challenge Sponsor: Monday.com
A new way to manage your work. Plan. Organize. Track. In one visual, collaborative space.
With monday.com, you can manage all of your projects in a single place. See projects at a glance, stay on top of your schedule, and collaborate better with your team.
Week One Prompt: Peach Beach 🍑
This week’s color palette features a delicious shade of peach, anchored by a sea green and a sandy yellow. The hex codes are: #A2CCB6, #FCEEB5, and #EE786E.
Create a Pen inspired by this week’s palette. You could choose to only use these colors, or use them as a starting point to experiment with a wider palette.
How to Participate
Create a Pen and tag it
codepenchallenge and the weekly tag
cpc-peach. We’ll gather those Pens into a collection and share our favorites on Twitter and Instagram (Use the #CodePenChallenge tag on Twitter and Instagram as well).
- Illustrate a beach scene that incorporates these sunny colors.
- Use these colors as the starting point for gradients in UI elements, like buttons.
- Surprise us by taking these colors in another direction. What could you do with their opposites on the color wheel? 🤔
- Want to make a beach scene? Check out Judith Neumann’s “In the Beach” or Peter Brinck’s “Beach Sunset” for inspiration.
- Playing with gradients? Take a look at how Laura Robertson worked with brights and pastels to create beautiful gradients in the Pen “Pastel Gradients”.
- Plug your colors into Jake Weary’s “Color Wheel” to find their opposites and complementary colors.