Our podcast engineer, Chris Enns, chats with Marie about what’s changed in podcasting over the last year, how CodePen evaluates the success of their podcast, and offer up some podcast suggestions for listeners.
- 00:19 Guest intro
- 01:31 A transformative year for podcasting
- 02:20 Podcasting sprouts up from talk radio
- 04:24 CodePen Radio’s podcast workflow
- 09:24 Recast and podcast sharing
- 12:21 Cold calls from wanna-be podcast guests
- 14:56 Big money coming to podcasting
- 19:54 Sponsor: Jetpack
- 22:20 How does Codepen know the podcast is successful or working?
- 27:11 What’s happening with Chris’ podcasting business
- 30:33 Podcast suggestions
Jetpack brings a wealth of features to your self-hosted WordPress site as one of the best no-brainer plugins for WordPress there is. One feature I just recently used for the first time was the video hosting and video player. I had a video clip that I just wanted to drag and drop into a blog post like I would an image, but it was a little too big. Fortunately I just uploaded it through WordPress.com, it was magically available in the Media dialog on my self-hosted site, and it worked perfectly.
- CodePen Radio #155 on Podcasting
- Chris’ podcast editing business
- Pocket Casts
- Spotify to Purchase Parcast
- Slack’s Work in Progress podcast
- Shopify’s Podcasts
- Baseline – A podcast about baseball by people who know nothing about baseball.
- GatsbyJS is the website generator Chris couldn’t think of the name of.
- How to Create a Private Podcast
- Build Your SaaS – podcast about a startup building a podcast hosting platform
- Drinking Socially from Untappd – a podcast for beer lovers
- Chartable Radio – a podcast for podcast analytics nerds
- Chris on CodePen / Chris on Twitter
- Marie on CodePen / Marie on Twitter
- CodePen Support
- CodePen on Spectrum
- CodePen Spark
- CodePen Pro
- CodePen Meetups
- CodePen on Twitter
- CodePen on Facebook
- CodePen on Flickr
- CodePen on Instagram
- CodePen on Google+
- Sponsor an episode of CodePen Radio
- Buy a CodePen T-Shirt